From:
Melissa McGraw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 10:23:13 -0500

Dear Friends;
In 1996 my mother was diagnosed with duodenal cancer, it was discovered at
that time she is Celiac. She survived the cancer, and since then I have
learned several months ago I too am Celiac. Since this disease is inherited
we believe that this disease has come down from my grandmother to my mother
to myself and to my children.

Evidentially all being female. All of us showed no symptoms whatsoever.
Several months ago I became ill, and was hospitalized for liver and kidney
failure I was not expected to survive, at that time I started showing
symptoms of celiac.

The reason I am posting is because I am now in the US (originally from
Toronto, On, Canada) and I know very few people and need some tips on how to
manage this disease and eating/cooking/recipes. I also know very little
about Celiac except for the couple of websites that are available,
evidentially there is very little that Doctors know as well.
Perhaps if anyone out there can share their tips/advice or experiences I
would surely appreciate it!

At first I was in denial and kept on eating what I shouldn't have been, but
now realizing the consequences I have been gluten free for 4 weeks.
Thanking all in advance
Melissa Anne in Charlotte, NC