From:
John Holbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 19:22:12 -0600

First off, thanks to the many people who took time to respond to 'how
long before you notice any results?'

The responses were VERY encouraging.  Out of about 70 responses, only
one person hadn't had any improvement and she had been on the diet for
over a year.  Most people noticed a difference in days (2-14 days).
Many of the early improvements were a lessening of the internal
upheavel.  As time went by the other symptoms kept improving (skin
rashes, pain, energy etc).  Many people felt they had gotten most of the
way back within about 3 months, but I got a fair number of warnings that
the improvements frequently take longer (up to a year) and not to get
discouraged.

The other information I got was 'Watch out for hidden gluten, it'll
submarine your progress', 'You will pay if you cheat on the diet (people
said it took from 1 day to about a week to recover after getting a dose
of gluten), and 'Remember this isn't a fate worse than death, you now
have the tools at hand to improve your situation'.

Thanks again for the help to get me started and to have some idea of
what to watch out for!
Kathleen in Wyoming