From:
Pamela L Donner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pamela L Donner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2006 10:00:49 -0500

Thanks to all who replied to my request about experiences at Reb Robin.
Red Robin is a chain, so I also got a few responses from people in other
states.
We were in Madison for my niece High School Graduation.

Unfortunately, it turned out that we did not go to the Red Robin,
afterall!  You know how teens are... my niece changed her mind at the last
minute and we ended up at a pizza joint where her boyfriend works!  I got
a salad and the young kid was very receptive to my speech about no
croutons and clean bowls, etc... He asked if they could keep the info card
I gave them to pin up in the kitchen.
By the way, my sister got me a yummy muffin and cinnamon roll from the
SillyYak Bakery in Madison!  What a nice treat!

Here is the summary of the responces I recieved:

********************************
I have never had any problems with this dish at Red Robin and have had
it several times.  My daughter in Redding CA discovered that it is GF.
It's not battered. Just request no croutons. Enjoy!
ENSENADA CHICKENT PLATTER
Two tender, juicy charbroiled chicken breasts
basted with a zesty Mexican blend of
seasonings, then charbroiled and bursting
with Baja-style flavor. Served with a side salad
and two dipping sauces: salsa & creamy lime.
Muy Delicioso!
*************************************
I have eaten at that Red Robin and several others and have had very good
luck.  The fries and burgers are gf but it is always a good idea to run
your
questions and concerns past your server.  Their salads are also good but
make sure the chicken is not marinated.  My experience has been that the
management and staff are knowledgeable.
***********************************
I don't have any info regarding that specific Red Robin but I did just get
this e-mail from them.
Hope it helps..........

Thank you for your inquiry. Below is a list of gluten-free food item
options from the Red Robin menu. Red Robin will do its best to customize
orders to meet dietary needs. Hopefully there's something on this list
you'll enjoy.

· Cheese · Produce Items · Guacamole · Salsa · Black Beans · Turkey Breast
Meat · Beef patty · Lettuce Wrap Burger · Carnitas meat · Grilled Chicken
Breast Fillet · Egg · Turkey patty · Grilled Salmon · Rice · Side of
cooked vegetables
Current Entrees Revised:
· Cobb Salad · Crispy Chicken Salad, substitute crispy chicken with
grilled chicken · Fajita Pollo, minus corn strips.
General Information · Red Robin will customize orders to meet dietary
needs.
· Salad Dressings and mayo do contain vinegar in the ingredients list. The
vinegar is not malt vinegar.
· The Red Robin Seasoning is sprinkled on the beef patty after cooking.
The Seasoning does not contain wheat, barley, oat or rye glutens. It may
contain naturally occurring glutamates. The beef patty can be ordered
without Red Robin Seasoning. Please inform your server if you desire no
seasoning.
· Corn strips may be fried in a common fryer.
Please inform your server so that he/she can help meet your dietary needs.

I haven't been to that Red Robin, BUT I did go to a Red Robin recently and
really appreciated the manager's knowledge of celiac (the servers were
clueless but did get the manager).  Most of the meat is fine.  The main
thing you'll need to do is have them check with their cook staff to make
sure the oil has not been contaminated.  Usually they use fresh oil for
the
potatoes, then rotate it to separate fryers for all other products.
However, when we were there, a new person had accidentally fried onion
sticks in it.  The manager did offer to clean it and put in fresh oil, but

we didn't have time.  Just thought I'd share from my experience.  I did
appreciate their helpfulness and will go there again.
Verona?  You mean Hometown U.S.A.  !!
My wife & I live in Verona.  Her name is Holly Beach & she owns a
Gluten=Free bakery: The Silly Yak Bakery in Madison (6 miles up Cty Rd M)
and makes tons of yummy GF products every Sunday.
See  www.sillyyakbakery.com   (click GLUTEN-FREE Products)
Now she ships all over the U.S. ---- BUT (Drum Roll), there is a
restaurant in town that gets her pizza crusts and makes GF Pizza at her
restaurant. I also think the lady makes other GF goodies.  Restaurants
name is:
      Bunky's      (see their website - tho I don't know it calls out the
GF items)
      2827 Atwood Ave

I suggest: Call Holly at the bakery. She can tell you more about Bunky's
and any other GF Restaurant she supplies and/or knows about.
Either way: Suggest you stop at the bakery, even for a few minutes.
For breads-recommend the Garlic Cheddar & Classic Rice
For goodies-recommend the Turtle Muffins & Majestic Valley Coffeecake
           (hint: A lady in Florida orders 4 coffeecakes at a time)
For gourmet-recommend the GF Cinnamon Swirl Bread using a French Toast
recipe that Holly has in the bakery:  Double-decker w/ a layer of bananas!

Mike in Madison
for The Silly Yak Bakery
7866 Mineral Point Rd
Madison WI 53717