From:
Rosalie Peipert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2007 16:47:52 EDT

I have received some facts but not too many drugs and if they have  lactose
in them. I will have to look them up myself.

Drugs like Crestor and Zetia  work in the intestines  absorbing but
cholesterol but also fat soluble vitamins.  Those at risk  for osteoporosis don't need
vitamin D absorbed!

Find various info on  rx meds at _www.rxlist.com_
(mip://013060d0/www.rxlist.com)  includeing clinical  pharmacology--how it works and side effects & drug
interactions.  It  appear that crestor can increase the levels of some other
rx meds in the  bloodstream.

Natural Remedies:
 Red Yeast Rice for many years, and it really lowered my cholesterol.  It
stopped working after about 6 or 7 years. I used Solaray brand,I know Solaray
was gluten free - you'd have to check the label for lactose.
One of  the drug companies sued the makers of red yeast and they LOST in
court  because it was shown to be even more effective!!  When I first took it, my

cholesterol dropped 60 pts in less than 2 months.  YOu start by taking  2
pills morning and night and when it gets where you want the numbers to be,
drop to one morning and night

If you research on the web you will find that fish oil  capsules. (tried it
and it didn't agree with me)will help lower your  cholesterol, and Vitamin C
supplements help you utilize your  cholesterol so it won't accumulate in your
body.  But if you use Vitamin C  check with the health food store to make sure
you can get something made in this  country. On CNN yesterday I was horrified
to learn that most Vitamin C comes  from China.  My attitude about that is how
do you know it contains any  Vitamin C or is it contaminated

How about taking garlic capsules or other drug free products?

Flaxseed oil capsules are also pretty effective for lowering your
cholesterol (I take flaxseed oil)

If you end up on a statin, you may want to take Coq10  as statins deplete
this. Coq10 is needed by every cell in the body for energy.
_http://snipurl.com/1o8zj_ (http://snipurl.com/1o8zj)

Lipitor (Lipitor has lactose monohydrates and is  not lactose free)

Find various info on rx meds at _www.rxlist.com_
(mip://012adc30/www.rxlist.com)  includeing clinical  pharmacology--how it works and side effects & drug
interactions.  It  appear that crestor can increase the levels of some other rx
meds in the  bloodstream.

ZOCORŪ
(simvastatin tablets) has  lactose

 WelChol.    It is  a polymer pill, not a statin.  It is not absorbed, but
acts as a  cholesterol sponge. Doesn't appear to have lactose in it.  It is
derived from fungal derivatives as all statins are. If  anyone gets intestinal
reactions, maybe that is why?

Mevacor, or Liptor--gave me muscle ache
problems, etc.. Now I'm taking  lovastatin with no problems at all!
It's one of the older ones, but works  like a charm. I looked up Lovastatin
and it is the generic name for  Mevacor.

Consumer Reports on cholesterol lowering medicines:
_http://www.consumerreports.org/mg/cost-effective-drug-choices/cedc_statins.ht
m_
(http://www.consumerreports.org/mg/cost-effective-drug-choices/cedc_statins.htm)
Rosalie (NJ)