From:
Sandy Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2007 00:08:02 EDT

I was a bit disappointed not to have made it to more of the places you all
recommended - especially Da Luciano's, but with my husband in meetings most of
the day and so much to see in the area, traveling further out to find these
restaurants wasn't much of an option.  I'm sure I was a lot less careful in
some the foods I ate than many of you would have been. Not that I ate anything
I  knew to contain gluten, but I don't ask many questions about gluten
contamination in the food prep area, etc.  Other than my blistered feet  from all
that walking, I didn't react to any of the food I ate and I still get a  pretty
quick reaction when I accidentally ingest gluten.

I did take some of my own supplies, of course.  One of my best lunches  was a
pouch of Chicken of the Sea salmon, nut thin crackers and fruit, eaten in
one of the parks.

We had a wonderful time.  Chicago is such a beautiful city that far  exceeded
my expectations.  I  absolutely expect to go again.   Next time, however,
I'll be sure to stay somewhere with a fridge and microwave  to be able to fix
more of my own meals and save more money for those great steak  houses!  Thanks
again for all the suggestions.

Sandy
Richmond, VA