From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 18:34:11 -0500

I'm seeking to network with other celiac women, preferably middle age, who do exercise regularly and do try to follow good nutrition.

I'm not into going to Weight Watchers and stuff like that, where I have to pay someone else to tell me to monitor my calories. (I actually eat too little as it is.) It's impossible to network with other women who don't have celiac, because they can buy all sorts of bars and meals and shakes without caring about gluten. (And I'm not sure I equate bars, prepared meals and shakes to good nutrition.)

Every health/exercise/fitness magazine I buy says get a group going to provide encouragement and info to each other.....so that's what I'm asking for.

I'm not selling anything. I'm just a working, middle aged, celiac grandma with a few extra pounds to lose. I'm tired of fatter people telling me I don't need to lose weight! (Doc says I'm o.k., but could stand to lose alittle.)

Are you in the same boat? I'm thinking if a few of us share ideas and support each other.....emailing off the listserv, we can keep each other honest and motivated.

Lin