From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2006 23:15:36 EDT

Hi Members,

I know I said we wouldn't be having a meeting in July but I couldn't help
myself. The North Texas branch of GIG has put together a wonderful information
class for people just newly diagnosed with Celiac Disease or DH or just starting
the gluten free diet, for whatever reasons. It will be a 4-hour class on July
22nd (Saturday) from 1-4pm in the Aspen Conference Rm. at Harrison Medical
Center. We are asking for a donation of $10 for materials and preparation costs.
 If you would like to know more about the diseases, reading labels, finding
foods and just sticking to the diet, please RSVP to Sue Eliot, at 360 275-0171
or [log in to unmask] before July 20th. This class has been a great success
with other groups and I am looking forward to addressing the newly diagnosed
members or those getting a start on the diet, with their questions.

Also, mark your calendars for the GIG Potluck Picnic on August 19th starting
at 11:00am. We will provide hamburgers, buns, polish hot dogs, beverages,
dishes and utensils. Please bring a salad or vegetable dish or dessert WITH
RECIPES and BRAND NAMES OF INGREDIENTS. We want to make this a truly gluten-free
potluck. The picnic is at Les and Marti Lewis' home at 3303 Mathews Drive NW,
Bremerton, WA 98312-1941 telephone 360 377-2737 or email [log in to unmask]

Les and Marti live on the water so bring beach shoes if you wish to walk on
the beach (ouch for barnacles on bare feet!) or swim suits and towels if you
wish to swim. Les will have his boat in so speedboat rides will be available for
those who wish to have a new hair do! If it rains, we'll still have it--just
inside and be rather cozy! Call or email Marti if you have any questions.
Complete driving instructions will follow at a later date.

I hope to see you on the 22nd or if you don't feel you need the update,
please try to make the picnic (August 19). Remember! Families and friends are
always welcome!

Sue Eliot
360 275-0171