From:
Vicki Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vicki Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2010 15:04:50 -0800

Dear Listmates -
For some reason, many listmates thought I was assuming
that glucose in candies was from wheat. I was quoting the
labels. They say "glucose (wheat)", or "glucose (wheat or
corn)".

For the fiber supplements, they say "dextrin (wheat)" or
"dextrin (from wheat)" or "dextrin (from wheat or corn)". I
am not assuming dextrin is from wheat. I am quoting
what the labels say.

A few listmates asked me how glucose could possibly be
from wheat. I wouldn't know. Same goes for dextrin. I
wouldn't know.

Several list mates wrote to tell me that there is no gluten in
glucose from wheat or dextrin from wheat. The gluten isn't
there after processing. A few sent me links to articles that prove
this, so if the candy or the fiber supplement is otherwise gluten-
free, it should be OK.

As for me, though, I have had such severe food intolerances
(not just gluten) develop the past two years that I only buy
things that say No Gluten or Gluten-Free, unless I have called
the manufacturer.

Have a good Thanksgiving, everyone!
Vicki in Illinois

*******