From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 1996 10:20:59 -0700

We stopped at BP's on the weekend for a bite.  I asked about the gluten free
status of their food and they promptly went to a book that they have that
lists which products are GF, lactose free, nut free, etc.  I thought great,
I asked if I could read the book while my husband ate.  Anyway bottom line
is that a lot of the non-pizza, non-pasta stuff looked good but after
looking at the items I found a section that informed employees on how to use
the book.  It stated that each indiviual asking about gluten free should be
informed that BP's could not be held liable for cross-contamination of
products after supplier.  It went on the depict the how the status of foods
were identified and this is where it got interesting.

Although they were depicting items with or without wheat/gluten they only
gluten they had researched was wheat gluten, not rye, barley or oats.  So be
very careful about lists that state gluten free, read the fine print.

Karen Bulmer - St. Albert, Alberta