From:
Danna Feldgoise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 10:52:24 -0500

The email about bulk flours brings up a good point about bulk grains, too.
I have watched how the bins are filled at Bread and Circus in Boston.
Big bags are poured into the tall bins from which the customer gets the
grains.  The platform on top of the bins, where the grocer person
empties the bags, is flat so that if rye is next to rice, there is potential for
cross contamination.  I have seen that spills are not uncommon.  So be
watchful.  At this poin,t I buy Lundberg's bagged rice.

Danna (Boston)