From:
Diane Dufault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 1994 12:20:55 CST

I am new at this so pardon me if my issues have been covered in the past.
My son, who is three, was diagnosed with Celiac Disease (CD) as well as
lactose intolerance.   This was after multiple hospital stays, failing to
thrive, vomiting endlessly, chronic diarhea.  Initially he was diagnosed
with Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis and not CD and was given a year long
regimen of steroids which failed to relieve him of stomach problems.  He
also was noted as having a high IGE.  Since following the CD diet he has
improved somewhat with his stomach ailments, but continues to have a high
IGE.  His current problems that existed since birth is respiratory in
nature.  He has chronic sinusitis and chronic pneumonia.  His general doctor
(as compared to his gastroenterologist) is now concerned that my son doesn't
have celia in the lungs or nasal areas and will be doing a biopsis on Dec
7th.  Does anyone out there have such ailments?  Are there any known
relationships to high IGE's and Celiac Sprue or Sprue and respiratory
problems???
Thanks for any help you may give me.