From:
Tom Fitzsimmons <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:31:46 +0100

A son and daughter returned recently from a trip to Spain and brought
back lots of Spanish coffee.  I tried some, and started getting
canker sores again after being free from them since going off gluten
3 years ago.

The coffee is ground coffee, and the info printed on the packages is
this:  Cafe molido de tueste natural.  (I think this means something
like natural flavor ground coffee), and the are two different types
of coffee:  one is "Espresso" and the other is "Moka", both produced
by Carrefour Centros Comerciales, S.A.

I think Carrefour is a conglomerate and coffee is only one of its
products.  They have an Internet site at www.carrefour.es, but I
didn't find coffee in my limited surf of the site.

Has anyone else had this kind of reaction to coffee after years of
being free of canker sores and during those years being an
enthusiastic and daily drinker of quarts of coffee?  I am suspicious
that these Spanish coffees may be adulterated with ground wheat flour
which I know causes me to get canker sores.