From:
Andrea Gould <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 1997 10:27:31 -0800

A Huge thanks to all who replied (and there were MANY who took the time)
to my query about powdered sugar without cornstarch.

Overwhelming Response (okay, everyone who answered said this :) was to
put regular sugar in a blender and make your own.  (also suggested were
using a coffee grinder or a vita-mix instead of a blender)

I tried the blender without a whole lot of success....It ground it up
alright, but it was still too grainy to make a nice, fluffy icing...it
would be okay for other stuff.  Its possible my blender just isn't up to
snuff or I didn't go long enough...I will keep trying.

I may also try the coffee grinder and possibly the vita-mix (can someone
tell me privately where I can get  one of these puppies and how much it
will run me?  No offense, but it sounds like something I would have to
watch infomercials at 3am to get <VBG>).

As for the vanilla powder (and I know there are GF vanilla extract type
things, I specifically need the powder), many suggested trying Authentic
Foods (BTW, I know they are in L.A, and being that I live here, anyone
know if they have a store, persay, that I could go to...just for fun?).
I haven't done so yet because I am in the middle of a show (I am a
theatre technician)....thats also why my summary is so late-sorry folks!

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to answer,  and TIA to those
who answer my further queries!

-Andrea Gould