From:
Judith Daley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 07:39:57 -0500

Hi,

I had great response on what people use for casein free
butter/margarine.  Thank you to all that responded.  Here is a summary
of all the responses:

7 - Fleishmann's Unsalted Margarine
6 - Shedd's Willow Run Soybean Margarine
6 - Nucoa
4 - Mother's
3 - Hain's Safflower Oil Margarine
2 - Smart Beat Spread
2 - Cold Pressed Olive Oil
1 - Winn Dixie's - Superbrand
1 - Avocado Oil
1 - Coconut Oil
1- Makes
Ghee:

Boil butter till white foam appears on top and then strain the white
foam.  Only the butter fat remains, which has been tested to be casein
free.  We have had good luck with this.  Ghee does not have the
hydrogenated oils, which makes it healthier.  Also, it tastes like an
intense butter flavor.  It's higher in calories, but I use less of it.

Recommended to check out the site - www.gfcfdiet.com

Judith :o)
Ottawa, Ontario - Canada