From:
David Porter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 14:13:02 -0500

Many thanks to all those who responded to my question about strawberry
preserves made in France.  Every single respondent said the same thing
CITRIC ACID was the culprit.  Since the product came from France, the
citric acid could be (and evidentally is) derrived from wheat.

One person led me to this list, which is a good reference for all of us:
http://www.celiac.com/forbiden.html

I have now tried Smuckers Strawberry Preserves (made in USA) with no
effects !!  Yes!!  Something now to go on the delicious bread I have now
finally succeeding in producing!!

kris
wichita, ks