Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 20:38:40 -0500

Original Post from Gina Levy on [log in to unmask]
Jay

___

Tonight I made an old family favorite, that I thought I couldn't make
because of the wheat flour.  But it worked great!  The filling is
traditional for Italian Jews, but you can fill the crepes with anything.

Migliacini (Italian Hanukah Crepes)

Filling:

        1 6oz can tuna packed in Olive oil (Trader Joes has it)
        1 2oz can anchovies
        2 tsp parsley, chopped
        2 tsp lemon juice.

Open cans of fish and pour fish and oil into small bowl.  Add parsley
and lemon, mix well.  It should be moist, add more olive oil if
necessary.

Crepes:

        3 eggs
        1/2 cup GF flour mix (I used Bette Hagman's Featherlight)
        1/2 cup water
        1 tsp onion salt

Mix all ingredients until no lumps remain.  Pour 2 tbsp into small 4"
frying pan (add olive oil if not using non-stick pan).  Cook over medium
heat, until no longer moist on top.  Turn out onto cookie sheet.  Place
a heaping teaspoon of the filling on the crepe.  Fold in half and seal
edges with a fork.

These can be made ahead of time and reheated in the oven prior to
serving.

Enjoy, these are quite different than traditional Ashenazic Jewish fare.

-Gina