Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 1996 13:37:54 -0800

Hi all,
Does anyone know in general if anything containing gluten is added to
tinned fruit. I have been trying various brands of tinned pineapple and
am getting gluten type reactions from all of them (stomach aches, nausea,
puffy face and abdomen). The ingredient list says packed in it's own
juice but I am wondering if stabilizers or maybe preservatives are
sometimes added that are not listed or there is some other way that
gluten might be sneaking into these products.
Thanks for any info,
I 'm not planning on trying any more, just wondering what might have
happened here,
Lisa P
(Canadian bought but some are probably imports)