From:
Dee Amrich <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dee Amrich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 16:43:40 -0500

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone would share their experiences with synthroid or
the alternatives for it. I recently had blood work done and found my
estradial(sp?) levels are abnormally low. An MRI showed no mass or tumor
thank God, but Dr. said my pituitary gland looks abnormal. Like it is dried
up. This is obviously why I feel off! Anyway, he wanted to start me on
synthroid. When I told him about being celiac and having other food
sensitivities, he insisted that I would be o.k. as he has never had a
patient have any problems with this. I am very sensitive to all supplements
and durgs. After doing my own research I found out that it is not
guarenteed GF and it also contains corn which I am intolerant to. I asked
him to call it in to a compoundidng pharmacy for me. He refus

ed and said I
shouldn't have a problem with it. Needless to say I am now looking for
another Dr. What I would like to know is if anyone has used a compounded
version of this and if if helped them. I have heard once you start on it
you can't get off. I also have not heard of anyone being helped that much
by being on it. Other than the general lack of motivation, concentration
and feeling like my brain dosen't function. Everything else (energy and
digestion) have been good for me. I don't want to take something that is
going to make it worse. I don't tolerate vitamins well at all so I am leary
of trying this. Would a natural supplement be better? Does anyone use any?
Also has anyone been helped by accupuncture?
Thanks for any advice
Dee