From:
ralph greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ralph greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 16:06:51 -0400

Here is a rundown of my experiences going on a trip to Hawaii.
I was very pleasantly suprised going over on American Airlines
They made a very good attempt to serve GF meals. Rice Cakes,
rice with chicken. even a GF snack before landing. They were
not perfect (there as a cracker sealed in plastic wrap). But they
were aware & made a good effort. The return flight was about
the same except that they provided a sealed bowl of Cherios
In Honolulu I wasn't able to get to the places the list members
recomended.

On the Norwegian Cruise Lines I had a very good experience.
In their buffet I was on my own; but in the more formal
  restaurants (there was like 9 of them) they really catered to me.
The chef somehow got the note I had written about my GF needs
He corrected my choice of entre to one that was GF...then
my waiter presents me with warm GF bread. This service
continued throughout the 7 days of the cruise around the
Islands. Even in the Italian restaurant aboard the ship I got the
same knowledgeable caring service. The head chef & Lt. Cmdr
Brand who was in charge of food service should be commended.

a more amazing experience was at the Hyatt in Maui. They had a
Luau & when the child bride enquired if it was GF the maitre d'
pulls out a large list of every thing that was being served at
the buffet with a data base of the major food allergies which
  ingrediants are GF, Lactose free, nut free, etc.

This trip was for our 50th anniversary and if it wasn't for all
the educating this list has done I would not have made it
certainly, not under my own power

Many tnx