From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 2010 09:14:40 EDT

Hi Members,

I surely hope that your summer is going swimmingly for all. We have been so
 busy and when we weren't, my computer and printer were down. Not a good
combination for communicating about our picnic.

It will be on August 15th (Sunday) from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm at Chetzemoka
Park in Port Townsend. For those of you who have not been to this wonderful
park  on the water you will find it at 900 Jackson St. Drive north through
downtown  Port Townsend on Water Street until it ends, then turn left and
drive on Monroe  up the hill to Blaine. Turn right and it will end at the
beautiful little gate  for the park. There is parking all along Jackson Street so
you don't have to  walk far. We have great facilities there and you can
either sit in the shade or  out in the sun and go down to the beach for some
great treasure hunting. If you  would like, bring a blanket or chairs that
will enable you to also stay after  the picnic for the production of
Shakespeare's Tempest which will be performed  on the lower hill in the park. Dress
warmly for that.

I would like to ask people who are attending to please bring a side dish or
 dessert. It is very important that you bring a list of ingredients with
Brand  names for me to check. We all must be very careful on cross
contamination in our  kitchens so please keep this in mind as we all will be eating
your delicious  dishes. GIG is supplying gluten free hamburgers, hot dogs and
vegetarian  hamburgers and a new bun from the Bertille Baking Company in
Michigan. They are  only being carried by savorymoment.com, which also has a
retail store and  prepared meals in Redmond, WA. Kay from Savory Moments says
that they are Udi's  buns so I can't wait to try them.

Now that we have talked about food I would like to tell you that we have a
special guest attending the picnic this year. She is Mari Cleven from
Bremerton.  You may have read about her in the Kitsap Sun a few months ago. She
is the  leader of the GIG Tags Group for Teenagers. She is a multi talented
girl and I  would encourage you all to bring the kids and spend some time
with her as she is  a 16 year old girl with a real grasp of the gluten free
diet and living with  Celiac Disease.

We will also be raffling a bread maker, which was lovingly used only for
gluten free baking and thoroughly cleaned, and I have a number of cookbooks
that  I will put out for anyone to purchase at a much reduced price.

We will be leaving tomorrow for 10 days on the road but will return home on
 July 27th until the picnic. If you would PLEASE RSVP before the 12 of
August it  will really help with what people are bringing for their dish and how
many  hamburger buns to order. Last year it was fun, but we had ten
desserts and no  side dishes.

Please feel free to bring family and friends and especially your teens and
children for a fun day of gluten free eating and meeting new and old
friends.

See you there,

Sue Eliot
Branch Manager