From:
Lisa Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 16:03:20 -0500

I just went to Disneyworld for one day, and ate at the Liberty Tree Tavern
in the Magic Kingdom.  I had a very positive gluten free experience there a
couple of years ago, but this one blew me away!!  I told them when I made
my reservation that I needed gluten free,& dairy free. The reservationist
told me to speak to the chef when I arrived.  I asked for him and he was at
my side within 5 minutes!  When I told him my needs, he said "No problem at
all!"  He knew EXACTLY was gluten was.  I received gluten free rolls (and
they were the BEST I have ever had!!  The waitress asked me if I was
finished before the three of them were eaten, and I almost broke her
arm!!)  I received dairy free mashed potatoes, and GLUTEN FREE GRAVY!! They
also had gluten free and dairy free margarine! The food is country style,
served in bowls for the entire party to enjoy, and it is all you can eat.
It is a character dinner also, so Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, and Chip and Dale
are constantly circulating for photo opportunities!  The turkey was so
tender that you couldn't stick your fork into it, it fell apart.  The beef
and ham were excellent also!!  The chef came to my table 3 times to be sure
that everything was good and I didn't need anything else!  The cost was
$21.95 for adults 12 and up, and $9.95 for children.  Beverages are
included.  This was such a wonderful experience, I couldn't get it out of
my mind even while I was riding the rides! Hopefully some day we can all
have experiences like this whenever we go out to eat!!