From:
"Michael A. Lewis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 1996 16:09:27 -0900

        You asked about connections between gluten reaction and acidity.

        I first noticed my gluten reaction in combination with gastric
distress from drinking too much coffee. I was job hunting at the time and
I spent more than the average amount of time in coffee shops reading the
want-ads.

        After five years, I think I have my dietary restrictions under
control. I still have to watch acidity even though I'm as GF as possible.
It seems, in my case, that acidity increases my sensitvity to gluten
products.

        By the way, I'd like to thank you all and the organizers of this
list and the GF Web pages. I struggled for several years with a wheat-free
diet, puzzled by my inability to overcome the symptoms. 5 weeks ago I
discovered this list and the GF information. I'm finally free of symptoms
and feel "light" and consistently healthy for the first time in many
years! I still feel like my innards are healing, but I feel so much better
I know I'm on the right track.

        Thank you all and have a wonderful gluten-free Holidays!