From:
Ailsa Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 May 2002 20:19:54 -0400

Hi everyone! I have had so many requests for the mini-quiche recipe that
I can't answer everyone individually, so here goes.  The rice cracker
base is not a base per se, like an ordinary quiche crust, but is
incorporated with the other ingredients. They turn out nice and firm -
not runny, so they taste like a regular slice of quiche. For rice
crackers I use "Hot-Kid" brand imported into Canada. They are readily
available and I find they excellent. I never "leave home without them"!
They are low-fat, gluten and cholesterol free and are available in the
usual flavours - cheese, bbq, teriyaki, onion, shrimp etc. I mix and
match depending on the filling. I have adapted the original basic recipe
I found to my own taste - e.g for herbs I have a dried mixture I prepare
from my herb garden at the end of the season to last me through the
winter months. The growing season in Ottawa is relatively short, so
drying (microwave) is a great way to have herbs all winter. You can use
whatever you have on hand - two of my friends love rosemary, so they
were thrilled with the flavour.

INGREDIENTS

approx 24 rice crackers, crushed (a rolling pin does the best job) 8
eggs, beaten filling - ham, smoked meat, shrimp etc.

3 green onions, chopped 8 - 12 oz. Swiss cheese, shredded 1 or 2 cans
mushrooms, stems and pieces (optional) - I use fresh, lightly sauteed
herbs to taste salt and pepper to taste

METHOD

Mix ingredients together and pack into small muffin tins (preferably
non-stick). Bake at 375 degrees F. for 20-25 mins. Makes about 20 small
quiche.

Enjoy.

Ailsa