From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 1995 21:01:45 -0400

It's been quiet on the list. Since not all of us are getting ready for the
Baltimore conference (though some 200+ people will be attending) I toss this
out for discussion.

I have now traced which branch of my family my CD is from. My mother is now
on a GF diet and feels so much better that she refuses to go off the diet
and be properly tested. Looking through her family tree she sees it coming
from her mother's side, and knows of relatives with digestive problems.

My maternal grandmother had alzheimers. This would be the same branch as my
CD. Does anybody on the list have alzheimers in their family? Would this be
on the same side as you suspect your CD came from? Is it possible that
alzheimers is just another symptom of an undiagnosed celiac?

Don <[log in to unmask]> New York City