From:
Mary Burgdorff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Burgdorff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2007 10:04:34 -0400

With the holidays coming, I thought I would share this with everyone.  I used
to make a dish called "egg casserole" or "ham strata" for Christmas morning
with bread, but this recipe calls for hash browns instead.  My apologies if this
is a repeat.    Mary in Milwaukee

BREAKFAST CASSEROLE

2 pkgs. (16 oz.) frozen has browns, thawed (or substitute refrigerated-style)
2 c. chopped cooked ham
½-1  c. sliced green onions
3 c. shredded cheddar cheese
10 eggs, beaten
1 ½-2 c. milk
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. dry mustard
Dash cayenne pepper
Paprika to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Layer bottom of 13 x 9” pan with hash browns.  Sprinkle ham, green onions
and cheese evenly over potatoes.  In bowl, combine eggs with milk, salt,
mustard and cayenne.  Pour over all.  Sprinkle with paprika.  Bake in preheated
oven 40-45 minutes or until firm.  You can add additional ingredients, such as
mushrooms, peppers, etc., but then allow about 60 minutes to bake.  Makes
12 large servings.

Note:  Casserole can be assembled the night before, cover and refrigerate
until ready to bake.