Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 06:54:10 EDT

Hello everyone,
      Just thought I'd share a bit of information...went to our local
Friday's and was interested in their new  dish  called "Sizzling Chicken & Cheese."
It's description listed it as "marinated" and so I was dubious.  I asked what
it was marinated in and found out the marinade was just garlic butter.  So I
ordered this new dish, the chicken is placed on a bed of sauteed pepper and
onion slices and topped with American and Mexican cheeses.  I had a plain baked
potato instead of their mashed since they add "extras" to the mashed and the
meal was delicious and I had no ill effects.  I noticed also on their new menus
a statement that said if you have food allergies that you should ask to speak
with the manager!  Our waiter was very accommodating and understanding and
went out of his way to make sure my meal was just as I wanted.  Bravo, TGIF and
thank you!     Now...about Trader Joe's...I've read so much on this list about
this store and how wonderful you all thought it was, etc.
So I was thrilled when they finally opened one near me.  I don't know about
the other TJ's but this one is not at all what I was expecting.  It is very
small and at least one third of the store is devoted to wines, which is okay if
you are a wine drinker...but I was very disappointed in the rest of the store.
They did have some gf items but mostly things I was not looking for and not
really a huge selection.  Lots of organic produce at a premium price but no
staples of any sort.  They did have gf lists of their items but the one cereal
they listed was not in the store!   I was very disappointed and wonder, is this
how all the other TJ's are?  Or are there bigger ones with more selections?
Thanks for any input.  JS in IL