From:
Chloe Macy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 16:19:04 -0400

My understanding of how protein is used by the body is
that it is broken down into amino acids to be used as
chelates for vitamin/mineral absorption, or re-constructed
into other forms of protein for tissue growth/repair.

Evidence seems to prove otherwise.

If the gluten protein chain is left intact in human
milk, might the same be true for dairy animals such
as cows, goats, and sheep?  Does anyone know anything
about the possible presence of gluten being passed through
dairy (not human's) milk?

One more question: Do people with celiac disease lack
the enzyme(s) necessary to break the toxic amino acid
chain we know as gluten?  Or, are there other factors
at play?