From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 23:16:30 EDT

I'm going to L. A. and San Francisco for a week for a convention. Flying out
on US Air. Asked for gf meal, but not taking chances. Besides the airplane
(and red-eye flight back), I'll be eating in restaurants every day and the
thought of 8 days of restaurant food has me in a panic.

What foods or brands, i.e. bread, etc. do you find travel well? I'm taking gf
pretzels with me, and cashews, peanuts, etc., but won't have ready access to
my usual staples of fruit, yogurt, and cheeses, which I rely on when I'm
doing car trips and can take a cooler.

I'll be staying near Knott's Berry Farm. Anyone ever been there who can point
me in the direction of a supermarket or healthfood store nearby? I'm not
going to the farm or Disney. I'm hoping to drive down to the San Diego Zoo.
Suggestions for meals?

Then I'll be going up to the Cathedral Hill Hotel, in San Fran for the
conference. Anyone familiar with that area? The event does not include meals,
which actually gives me more flexibility, but I don't know what's in the area
at all.

I've asked for a frig. in my room, but that won't help me cook.

Thanks.

Lin