From:
Sandi Crow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandi Crow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:25:45 -0500

Thanks for the incredible response!  This is just for fun and I was interested to see the consensus currently out there.

I got 84 yes and 93 no.

Some comments were as follows:

Most who ate oats ate only the Gluten free oat brands such as:  Bob's, Gift of Nature Oats, McCann's, glutensolutions.com, Lard's, Cream Hill Estate

Some avoid McCann's and Quaker
Some stated that the CSA stance is till no oats.
One said that Dr. Fiine says it causes some damage

A lot said that they were counseled to avoid oats for the first year or two after diagnosis.

In conclusion, I am confused by the consensus.  If oats are indeed gluten free, why avoid them the first year or two?  Aren't you allowed to eat anything GF after diagnosis?  Food for thought.

Thanks again!!!  Sandi