From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2007 09:18:50 EDT

Dear List members,

A new group on Whidbey Island, WA.

Our first meeting will be Thursday, September 13th, from 12:00-1:00p.m. at
the Missionary Alliance Church in LANGLEY (503 Cascade Ave. near the fair
grounds and the Junior High School).

The church serves a free soup and salad luncheon for the community every
Thursday. We will have a gluten free soup, salad, bread, and dessert in their
dining area. Be sure to ask for the Gluten Free items on the menu. I will
reserve a table near the back. Just look for the sign on the table.

Topics to discuss might be new grains and flours, recipes, helpful hints,
what is at the local library, finding local restaurants that can accommodate our
 diet, and how to start a local Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG).

There is power in numbers. When we band together, we can get local
establishments interested in catering to our dietary needs: restaurants, clubs,
grocery stores, caterers, churches (Communion wafers) .We can also help newly
diagnosed celiacs as well as raise community awareness about gluten intolerance(
prevalence, symptoms, etc.).

Hope to see you there,

Coyla Shepard
360 321 4083 (preferred)