Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 1998 01:18:48 EST

In a message dated 98-01-01 19:23:41 EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Does anyone currently on the list know what gel is
 referred to and where it is avaliable?>>

I know "gel" to be Ultra Gel.  It is a highly refined corn starch and is
wonderful when used in some kinds of baking and thickening.  I like it because
I can add it to soups, gravies, pies, etc...hot or cold.  It does not lump!
It's kind of pricey and hard to find except perhaps in specialty stores.  Here
in Utah it can be found in stores that sell grains in bulk.  Good luck.

---Lorraine Dowdle