From:
Barbara Menn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 21:11:35 EST

I just have to rave about a dining experience we had at Myron and Phil's
Steakhouse in Lincolnwood, Illinois (a suburb of Chicago).  I had called a
few days before to make sure they could accommodate us.  I spoke to a chef
who assured me they would do everything possible to prepare a great gluten
free meal with no cross contamination.  He said they felt more comfortable if
we brought our own salad dressing.  When we arrived they had it marked down
on our resevation that there were allergy issues.  The chef came personally
out to our table and talked to my daughter about her meal.  He did not want
to use the broiler for fear of cross contamintion.  He suggested a sauteed
chicken breast with olive oil and garlic which my daughter said was the best
she had ever had.  He made her steamed broccoli and a baked potato.  He would
not let her have the potato skins as they were made in the broiler.  They
also used a fresh bag of lettuce for her salad, and brought out a new bottle
of ketchup(Heinz) for her use.  The chef personally served her meal and came
out during it to make sure she enjoyed it.  It was a wonderful experience and
really made my daughter feel good.  I thought it was worth sharing for anyone
else on this list who lives in the area.  Enjoy!  Barb