From:
Marian Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marian Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2009 13:39:29 -0800

Hi,

I just received the paperwork for my pre-colonoscopy appointment with a doctor that I haven't seen in 10 years.  I hadn't been very pleased with her since then as she refused to run an adequate blood test to rule out CD even though I had PN and IBS symptoms.   She told me that I didn't look like a person who had CD.  As a result, I'm in limbo regarding my actual diagnosis even thought I find I must follow a very strict gf diet in order to stay out of the bathroom.

Back to the form, with all the diseases listed for me to choose from, there isn't a single mention of celiac disease.  Has anyone else noticed this when you've filled out medical histories for GI docs?  I'm wondering if she really is very backward, or if this is standard operating procedure outside of celiac centers.

I would LOVE to change doctors, but we don't have a celiac center here in Portland OR.

Marian

*******
*******