From:
"Steven S. Palmer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 04:22:29 -0700

Hello,
  First of all I want to express my sincere gratitude to all those that
have responded to my posts with various questions about CD tests and
symptoms, i.e. blood tests, bone pain, and other stuff.
  I am now being tested through the V.A. hospital here in San Diego and
tried to tell me long sorry story to the doctor and nurse. The doctor had
me take tests. A blood tests and stool samples. I was begging him to get to
a biopsy and asked him to get me tested for osteoporosos. I also asked that
me teeth be looked at. My body is in such bad shape and I am in the later
stages of the disease as all the pain and suffering is extreme. I even
brought documentation I collected from Celiac sites off the Internet that
explain the disease and symptoms to back up my medical records and exam. I
asked about pain killer too. The doctor basically told me I have to wait
for the tests to come back. I look like hell, my body wasting away, teeth
breaking and etching away, I really look and feel like I am dying but as
usual wait for the tests to come back. I really don't think doctors have a
clue as to what intestinal disease really does to a body unless the doctor
has the disease.
  I was being tested by Kaiser a few years ago but they misdiagnosed me and
the only thing I continue to get is Lortab for Extreme Pain and Nausea. The
lack of proper diagnosis and treatment has destroyed my body to where even
going on a gluten free diet will not help.
  SSDI continues to fight me and will not pay my benefits and I told the
V.A. doctor I need help with my SSDI claim for my benefits but I have to
wait for more tests. SSDI has refused my benefits since 1995 and I have
been unable to work since 1995. As in posting I made earlier I published
"My Story" on my web site.
  Getting help and diagnosis is a war and should not be. Everyone is
skeptical when you go in with intestinal diseases and when you say Celiac
the doctors seem a little lost. I should know more in the next few weeks. I
did have blood tests a couple months ago but this doctor looks more
inclined to do a biopsy than the last doctor because he could see how bad
of shape I am in. If anyone out there is in the Later Stages of this rotten
disease I would like to hear from them. I am curious as what to expect
next. If there is a next.  Thank you.
Steven S. Palmer <[log in to unmask]><[log in to unmask]>
http://home1.gte.net/sputers/index.html
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4001/
http://home.att.net/~stevenscott/index.html