From:
"Guerin, Eric" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 14:44:07 +0200

I would like to sincerely thank all the nice persons who responded to my
inquiring: "Did somebody test (with or without success) Homeopathy and/or
Bach Flowers Therapy (Healing Herbs) for the treatment of CD?"

Don't you think homeopathy can help to cure the CD?

I think that factors like emotional imbalances, mental tensions, behavioral
problems are generally at the origin of a disease. Very subtle products like
homeopathic drugs and healing herbs help to become aware and to overcome
weaknesses, emotional tensions and blockages. They do not have a direct
action on biochemistry of the body but act rather by vibratory resonance,
inviting to change. The disease is there because people, consciously or not,
refuse the metamorphosis. The disease can be a privileged period to ask
questions, to put oneself into question, to search one's past for answers
regarding one's current state, in short an opportunity of evolution...

Here is a summary of the replies:

--
I don't think you can heal CD with herbs, and I don't think it's a problem
of being unconsciously "maladjusted". Most diseases have very concrete

--
I have used homeopathy since the early seventies and go to an md who is a
homeopath.   He has me take Veratrum Alb 30C for the symptoms of celiac and

--
Yes, I did test Homeopathy (Hannemann) and Bach Flowers together (I was
reciped Natrum Muriaticun 200 and Agrimonia during 3 months), when I did not

When I knew I was celiac (it was very hard to diagnose) I asked myself these
questions:

1) Why those alternative medicines were accurate in my case?

2) Did they act only shadowing manifestations of the disease? Or they really
cure CD?

Nobody could answer those questions. But I don't think it may cure the CD
and I don't believe that the damage in bowel may be cured only with
homeopathy (it would be so great!)

--
I have three adult children who are all wheat sensitive, though not celiac
(yet). Two of them just went to a homeopathic dietition yesterday who uses

--
I believe my celiac was brought on by a virus when I was 14.  Some other
people who were exposed to it have since developed diabetes.  I don't think

Some other things that have helped me:

1. Yoga - works on settling out energy imbalances. If I accidently ingest
gluten and practice yoga, I find my system settles down much more quickly.
And it just feels good (after a while, of course, I'm not very flexible)

2. Buying myself some gluten free treats when I start feeling sorry for
myself.

3. Drink lots of water - it helps flush the toxins from your system (and you
will be flushing for quite a while yet!)

This is a huge adjustment to your lifestyle. I used to hope that I would be
"cured" someday, but I have come to realize that it wouldn't matter if there
was a cure.  Say there was a pill that would let me eat what ever I wanted
to - would I live my life taking a pill all the time?  Probably not - I
would use it to go out to eat and maybe when I travelled, but for the most
part, I would still stick to a gf diet.  On the other hand, I don't get
colds or flus. I don't have to take vitamin supplements. I am slender and
will likely remain so. I even look healthier than most people and why?
Because we don't eat junk!

I think you are correct about the emotional and mental component to disease,
not only in the cause, but in the curing or living with. I also believe that
there are genetic components to developing a disease too - so it might be
stress that triggers a celiac condition, but you have to have the underlying
genetic structure for it to become a problem for you. The scary part about
celiac is that you can become apparently cured, i.e., you don't react to
gluten anymore, but you can still be doing damage to your body by ingesting
it. I don't know what to think about curing celiac by looking for the
underlying emotional causes, or whether this is a one way street - it might
have been emotional causes that triggered it, but once you have it, it's
yours for life. Interesting to think about though!
--

Thanks again to everyone!

Eric (Darmstadt, Germany)