Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 21:05:16 -0800

Hello Anchorage Celiacs!

Would you like to be part of an Anchorage celiac support group?  Do you have
an interest in getting together with other celiacs to share stories,
recipes, and other information?

I'm in the process of setting up an Anchorage Branch of the Gluten
Intolerance Group (GIG) of North America.  I would like to hold an
introductory meeting in the middle of October.  I'll set up a date and time
based on responses from the list, but my preference is evening, mid-week,
maybe October 18 or 19, or October 26 or 27.  I'll be looking for a meeting
room in a central location (for example Loussac Library small conference
room), so if you have access to and can book a conference room, please let
me know.

I have a few ideas for meeting topics, but we can start out fairly simply.
I would like to share resources GIG has available as well as our own
experiences shopping and eating out in Anchorage.  Since the first meeting
could be about 4 weeks before Thanksgiving, a topic for that meeting could
be sharing of some simple, elegant, naturally gluten-free Thanksgiving
recipes.

I'm excited that there is a national level group to lend us their resources
and I'm looking forward to meeting others here in Anchorage interested in
sharing information and experiences.

Please contact me by e-mail if you're interested in participating!

Alison Smith

10650 Elies Drive

Anchorage, AK 99507

907-346-1405