From:
Dc Small <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2007 21:18:33 -0700

Hi List,

I'm self-dx Celiac for 26 yrs. My adult son, who does
eat some gluten every day, is experiencing severe
sleep disruptions for the past 2-3 weeks. Before then,
he did  computer games till 2-3 am, go to sleep and
wake up between 10-11 am. But last week, he was still
in bed when I got home from my pt job at 1:30 pm!
He'll sleep good for 3 hrs, and then wake up. Tonight,
he's in bed before 8:30 pm; but he'll probably wake up
before midnight! We both think it's related to his
diet: specifically dry corn cereals that contain both
malt/barley flavoring, and high fructose corn syrup;
he eats 2-3 bowls each day. He has an upper denture,
and maybe 5-6 bad teeth on bottom jaw; loves soft,
easy to chew foods.

Our question to you, was sleep disruption part of your
symptoms? We both tend toward constipation; yet my
dad, who self-dx himself after his brother got offical
dx, got diarrhea.

[I self-dx because there was no doctor in the small
town of Wolf Point, MT, who knew CD back in the early
80's. My son eats some gluten +/-, so he can get
offically dx soon.]

Deb in Spokane