From:
Thomas Schaefer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thomas Schaefer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 09:44:56 -0400

I will attempt to rewrite these two recipes that some of you have said did not come out readable in amounts of ingredients:
Roben Rybergs cookbook recipe for Buttermilk loaf.
one and one fourthcups buttermilk,room temp
one pkg yeast (one tablespoon)
three fourth cup potato starch
one and one fourth cups cornstarch
two tablespoons sugar
one half teaspoon baking soda
two teaspoons baking powder
two and one half teaspoons xanthan gum
one half teaspoon salt
one fourth cup of oil

Preheat oven to 350.  In a small bowl, combine buttermilk and yeast.
Stir to dissolve yeast. Set aside.

In Medium bowl, combine all dry ingred.  To dry Ingred, slowly add oil and milk and yeast mixture. Mix well. Dough wil look wet, thick and pasty.

Place dough into greased nine by four loaf pan. Wet hands and smooth out top of dough, then make an indentation down the center lengthwise of loaf. This will make the loaf more attractive.

Bake twenty five-twenty eight minutes. Loaf will just begin to brown. Use toothpick to test for doneness.

Since this is long, I will do a separate entry for the other recipe.  I hope that everyone can read the amounts with this one.   Nancy