From:
Phyllis Chinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 21:21:24 EDT

Thanks to all of you who emailed me about lack of yeast in bun recipe.  That
is correct - no yeast.

I made them Tuesday p.m. and they are very good.  They were delicious right
out of the oven, not too good if not heated up.  But delicious when sliced
and toasted.  Try them with Nutella.  Absolutely wonderful.  I agree with my
person who said she would add a little more sugar and serve them as scones.
They are really just like baking powder biscuits.  I tried them in english
muffin rings, a large empty tuna fish can, and foil tart pans (they were the
best).  You can buy 8 for about $1.29 in grocery stores.  They are found in
the section with disposable pie pans etc.

I wouldn't recommend them as sandwich bread, but definitely hot out of the
oven or toasted.  For those of you who missed the recipe, it was posted again
yesterday.