From:
Marlene Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 10:08:44 EST

I copied and pasted an e-mail I received from my daughter but everytime I
send it I get and error message.  I will type her response in the e-mail
instead.

Portland and Bend, OR
GF Restaurants and Local Resources

In Portland

The Outback Steakhouse has a gluten free menu available online.  Even the
dessert!  They have done a great job for us.  (the one on SE 82nd

The Orchid.

Has almost all gluten free food. They use rice noodles, all sauces of GF-the
only thing I saw that I couldn't eat was 1 appetizer dish using wonton skins.
 It has been thoroughly checked out by my friend who is a gluten free
perfectionist.

Another comment on Thai Orchid:  at the NW Burnside restaurant, my experience
was that there is soy sauce (and therefore probably wheat) in many dishes and
some of the sauces were mixed before they got to the restaurant so staff
wasn't able to tell which had that in it and which didn't for sure.  It's
possible that they didn't know and the above information is accurate.  But
wanted to mention, just in case.

Bambay Walla  at Clackamas Town Center

Amigos III (4 miles east of Sandy on Hwy 26) They know what you can eat and
not to serve you anything with flour.

Bob's Red Mill in Milwaukie.

They have a store at their mill site which has more than just their flours.
The have GF biscotti, cookies, etc.

In Bend.  (Thanks to Lynelle Thomas for all this great info-sound like you've
done some excellent investigational and educational work!)

Mama Nell's at 1326 NE 3rd ST, next to Emergency Care and between Greenwood
and Revere Sts, off Hwy 97 and Hwy 20) They serve gluten-free pizza.  It is
so good.  Definitely sounds worth a road trip.  Phone 543-382-4022.

Giuseppe's Restorante , 922 NE Bond St. (542-389-8899)  Keeps GF pasta for
us.  It is best to show your GF card to the waitperson and she will show the
chef to make sure the foods accompanying the pasta is GF.

The ComfortZone, Coffee, Tea and Crepes on 824 NW wall, (541-317-5717) Will
make you GF Crepes.

Heidi's across from Newport Mkt, has GF goodies on the Wednesdays only.

IN Sisters/Bend?

Angilique (in Sisters) makes fresh GF bread that is delivered to Wild Oats in
the Forum Center (across from Costco) and Newport Market on NW Newport St. on
the way to the College (in Bend?)

Book/ Website Resource.

Try <A HREF="www.goodhealthpublishing.com">www.goodhealthpublishing.com</A> for a book with a list of 50
national/regional restaurants and their gluten free menu items.  The website
has the list Of restaurants and a way to order the book.

Support Groups:

Portland/Vancouver Gluten Intolerance Group

Contact 1:  Jeanne Hufsttutter, 9525 S.W. 12 th Dr., Portland, OR 97219.
(503-244-8224)

Contact 2:  Joanne Galloway, 3707 Nicholdon Rd.  VAncouver, WA 98661,
(360-695-5568)

Contack 3:  Helene Zoolkoski
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

Contact 4:  Jack Rann