From:
Jeff Beavin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Beavin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 20:35:03 -0500

Spring has sprung and it's time to try out new things! One suggestion
might be to try out some new restaurants that you have never tried
before. We make this daunting task easier with the Gluten/Wheat Free
Guide to Eating Out.

It has 50 national /regional restaurants and their lists of GF/WF menu
items. Go to www.goodhealthpublishing.com to see the guide. There's a
printable flyer/information form or you can order via secure internet
connection. You'll be surprised at how many choices there are out there.

Keep in mind to always use proper celiac dining out etiquette such as
the following requests and questions:

1. Ask that bread products never touch your plate.
2. Request that your food be prepared with clean hands, utensils and
    pans.
3.  Ask: Will any of my food be prepared on a surface where bread, flour
    or marinades containing gluten are also prepared?
4.  Ask: Are your french fries deep fried with other breaded foods?
5.  Ask: Do you premix croutons in your salads?  If so, have them make
    you a fresh salad.

Happy dining out gluten/wheat free in 2003!