From:
Genevieve Boyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 20:42:07 PDT

I have just recently been diagnosed with celiac disease, and have more
recently begun dating a guy who is not a celiac.  Generally I am fine, but
one night after kissing him after he had had a few beers, I had sores in my
mouth for the next few days.  I imagine that if celiacs can have problems
with gluten from envelopes and stamps then it is possible that it was the
beer in his mouth that caused the problem.  If so, then where do I draw the
line?  Do I have to ask him to go off of beer the nights that we see each
other.  What about food?  If he has a sandwich and I kiss him a half hour
later, is it going cause problems even if there is no physical sign of a
problem (ie. sores in my mouth or intestinal upset)?  Is there a certain
time I have to wait before kissing him after he has eaten?  Or do I just
have to find another celiac to settle down with??

Help!  What are your experiences?  Where do I draw the line???

Thanks,

Genevieve