From:
Nancy Veazey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Veazey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Aug 2009 16:14:10 -0400

1)Just received the latest newsletter from the Boston Children's Hospital Celiac
Support Group and there was an article about GF dining at Harvard University.
Even if your son does not apply here, the article gives some good insight as to
how they handle the gf dining and would be useful in discussions with whatever
college your son plans to attend.

2)University of California San Diego says in their brochure that they can handle special diets including Gluten free.

3)Rochester Institute of Technology

4)Columbia University, NYC, University of Conn (Storrs, CT) and Bowdoin

5)Albright, Reading PA

6)UCDavis
(Univ. of California, Davis = near Sacramento) has a daily GF entree in
their dining halls.

7)Keene State College in NH.  Over the past 4 years, their gf offerings have just
exploded.  The first year, I brought most of his food and he stored it in a
separate fridge.  They'd serve him potato and rice, etc. to supplement.  They
had a gf toaster oven (very exciting).  By this summer, his fourth year, they
served him every meal - pasta, pizza, chicken dinner, etc. with no problem.
They had bagels!  the food company is Sodexco

8)
University of Michigan. My son will attend there in the fall. Lots of
options at dorms and around campus. He will not have a car. There is a
convenience store that makes fresh pizza, sandwiches etc..all gluten free, a
noodle restaurant, wendy's etc. Look on the housing site and they show the
gluten free menus for the doom. I also hear Cornell and University of Texas have
good ones too.

9)My daughter is going to Goucher College in Towson, north of Baltimore, and
they are fabulous about GF.

10)Michigan State, Penn State, Univ of MD, and Colorado State. We've spoken with
South Carolina as well -- their's is a work in progress but might be ok.

11) Boston University is pretty good--my son went to wrestling camp there and they were quite accomodating

12)University of Michigan

I hope this summarizes all the reply I have gotten so far..
Thank you everyone for your great input!!

Nancy