From:
Nathan Amundson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 24 May 2005 20:41:26 -0700

Hey everybody. I recently went in and had some followup bloodwork done after reading part of an article that was in our local support group letter. I was diagnosed a year ago February and was pretty much on my own since my doctor didn't know much about it (we actually figured it out ourselves after reading an article in Parents magazine) and the GI doctor did the biopsy and basically said - good luck. Anyway, after reading an article by Michelle Melin-Roqovin (of the U of Chicago Program) I finally saw a listing of followup tests to check once a year. Up to this point, I hadn't had anything done since my diagnosis. So here were my results:

IGG - 11.3
IGA - 7.7
TTG 27.9

My doctor didn't really know anything about the results of the test, but the TTG sounds really high to me. In the article, it says a false positive TTG may occur if there are thyroid issues, and I had my thyroid checked out as well and everything came back normal. It looks like the IGG and IGA levels are in the negative range, which makes it seem like I'm doing OK with the diet. Is there any other way to explain the high TTG level?

I'm just wondering if anyone else has any experience with these tests. I'm pretty much researching and running this show by myself. The doctors run whatever tests I ask them to run, but don't have much to say about the results.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!
Nate in Onalaska, WI

Sent via the WebMail system at mail.hypercon.net