From:
Sher Jacobson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sher Jacobson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2011 18:43:10 -0700

Hi all,

I recently survived my daughter's wedding.  Since food is always of great concern for my family when we go to events, I wanted to make sure that it was a comfortable experience for everyone involved and that I gave proper concern to handling everyone's needs.  We included a line on the response cards requesting dietary restrictions and around 25% of our guests indicated dietary restrictions including Celiac, various allergies, vegans, vegetarians, kosher, dairy, eggs etc. (You get the idea)  I went over all of the offerings with the caterer and filled out a chart so that I could make a card for each dish on the buffet indicating if it was Gluten Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free, vegetarian, etc.  It was painstaking work but so worth it based on all of the great appreciation that I received for my efforts.  I posted the following sign in a frame on the table where the guests picked up their place cards as well as one on the buffet table.  I also made
 cakes and cookies that were gluten free, dairy free, nut free, and egg free.

Dietary Love Note

We especially love all of you whose bodies refuse to be average and require custom diets in order to run at premium efficiency.  (Our family is full of "High Performance Models")

Dietary information is on cards by each dish.

Every effort has been made to avoid errors both written and cooking ones.  We care about your health and enjoyment.  Please keep in mind that our kitchens (the caterer's and mine) are not certified allergen free.