From:
Marcella Mantovani <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marcella Mantovani <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:10:15 +0200

Dear Listmates,

Some friends and I will be travelling to USA for 3 week in August, from Italy, concentrating ourselves in California, with an "on the road travel" from San Francisco to Los Angeles or San Diego (including Nation Parks, Bryce Canion, Las Vegas.... and as more as we can visit!).

I have already been in USA but this will be the first one as celiac ( I'm 31 years old and celiac desease diagnosed just 6 months ago). So, no more delicious pancakes, cheescakes, hot dog or cheesburger......:-(

I am going to prepare a bag full of gluten free products from Italy but, because of this "on the road" trip, I'm a little bit scared about knowledgement level of celic desease in hotel, accomodations, restaurants we will meet "on the road" (and about english celiac terminology, too)...
We are planning to stay in motels/Hotels/B&B, changing them almost each day.

I really wouldn't feel like a disable or generate problems to my friends.

Anyone have suggestions, tips or just some incouragement for me? (You know, I'm italian, but I could survive without pasta and pizza for three weeks!!!)

Any advice you can give me would be so much appreciated.

(Sorry about english mistakes ;-)

Thank you in advance.

Marcella Mantovani
Naples