Date:
Wed, 5 May 2010 19:14:04 -0400

Going to a catered affair at a hotel outside of Boston next week.  Spoke with the head of catering.  They have GF pasta, BUT they use the same colanders that are used with wheat pasta.  They "claim" the colanders are gf as they run them through their industrial dishwasher at the highest heat setting prior to use for GF pasta.  I think not, but they were adamant that this results in a gf colander.  Then I got that line that sends me through the roof - basically that others who are gf seem to do fine when they use the washed colander.

Both DDs are gf and I don't play around with their health.  Have I missed some change that has come out regarding colanders sinec we went 100% gf 7 years ago?

So, my ? to the PROFESSIONALS lurking out there, is do you agree?  PROFESSIONALS for this purpose are defined as professional chefs; doctors, APRNs, PAs and nutritionists;  etc.  I am not looking for lay people as this is the health of my children and I am not moving forward based on someone's personal experiences.

If any of you are out there, and you respond, please let me know what your professional role is.  I will keep that information confidential.

I will summarize if this yields any responses.

TIA.

Sara

*******
*******