Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 09:57:04 -0600

I'm had a lot of e-mails since my summary that I should not force my husband
to be gluten-free and that I should allow some gluten in the house.  I
should mention that my husband is *not* a fan of baking and so it is no big
deal for him to go gf at home.  And I should also mention that even though
it makes me terribly sick, I don't like seeing it on my shelves (he could
always have his own room to store food with gluten I suppose) or I crave it.
Call me crazy, but right now since I am sick, it is hard to make judgement
calls like that.  I know I shouldn't have it, but I'm too lazy to cook
anything else.

My kids are to undergo testing in awhile, once we confirm that their
diarrhea ( they are 15 months and 2.5 years) isn't caused by yogurt to spare
them testing if we can.  I won't make them gluten-free until I have a
diagnosis that says they are Celiac and if they are not, I will not put them
on a gluten-free diet.  But if the 3 of us do have Celiac, then I don't
think it hurts my husband to keep gluten out of our pantry.  His brother (my
BIL - brother-in-law) has Celiac (diagnosed last year after a breakdown in
nerves) and my FIL - father-in-law has had problems with his bowels all his
life, is highly suspect.  So it is on that side of the family (Noweigen
decent).  Anyways, my husband is a very caring man and will do all he can to
help me to feel better.  It's no picnic for him to live with a grumpy wife
:)

So I guess on this, to each his/her own, but I think this is what will work
the best in our home.  Of course, I might change my mind as time goes on,
but I think for now, this'll work the best.

Amy from Edmonton