From:
rick & christie schroeter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:02:18 -0500

Thanks for all the reponses to my question about whether amaranth is an
ok grain to eat for celiacs. Since I had just discovered Govinda's Bliss
Bars (really good snack bar that only contains nuts, honey, sea salt,
amaranth), I was worried about the reaction I would have. CSA has
amaranth down as one of the grains to avoid. All except for one person,
the e-mails I received were extremely positive. Many said that CSA
occasionally gives out misinformation, as in the case of amaranth. This
is an ancient grain not related to wheat, oats, rye or barley.

The only downside to asking this question to the list was when I
received an e-mail from someone who is on our list trying to sell me a
product he/she makes that is similar to the Bliss Bars. It was not one
of the regular ads that we all get in general on an appointed time. Hope
that doesn't happen again.

Wishes for health to all...... Christie in TX