Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2010 15:15:02 -0700

WOW, I got a ton of replies to this!  Thanks to everyone who found my
post amusing, it's important to retain one's sense of humor when faced
with a devastating life even, such as no longer being able to enjoy your
favorite junk food.  Here are some highlights from the replies, I hope
others find them useful as well:

- Utz potato chips say gluten free on the package.
- Lays Stacks are gluten free and made on dedicated equipment.  I don't
bake anything from scratch, so I can't help you there.  Another good
chip is Deep River Potato Chips - also GF and it is the only product the
company makes.
- It is easy to make your own fries or potato chips, you can find tons
of recipes for fried or baked online, but you basically just slice the
potatoes how you want, lay them out on a sheet, spray/drizzle some oil,
and bake at a high temp ~450 until crispy (thick cuts like fries you
want to blanch first or bake a long time).  Salt and season right out of
the oven.  If you get tired of slicing things, buy a decent mandolin slicer.
- Glutino pretzels are great (many recommendations)
- I use corn and rice Chex, GF pretzels (small twisted ones), peanuts
(or any nuts) and Glutino bread sticks broken into pieces. Here is the
recipe:
http://chex.com/Recipes/RecipeView.aspx?RecipeId=6709&CategoryId=343
<http://chex.com/Recipes/RecipeView.aspx?RecipeId=6709&CategoryId=343>
(Lots of people suggested Chex Mix)
- The only thing I can think of is this:
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/snacks/r/flaxcrackers.htm
- Other options are Cassava Chips (loved them...can't wait until I can
eat them
again), and the different brown rice chips from Lundberg Farms (loved those
too...can't wait until I can eat them again). I think I might like the
Lundberg Farms chips the best. There are also different varieties. Here's a
link: http://www.lundberg.com/products/ricechips.aspx
- I buy corn tortilla brush both sides  with a little oil, sprinkle a
bit of salt. Cut up into triangles  and bake at 350 until golden brown.
Alt: put the oil in a bowl and squeeze the juice of a lime or lemon in
there and then brush on tortillas.  And its healthy and delicious even
my kids love them.
My kids like shredded cheddar melted on top of it. We like making nachos
out of them also.
- Also, try Popco chips or Rice Works.
These both say GF on the package.

Thanks again for the replies.